One of my favorite recipes from Nature Fresh Farms!
1 Bell Pepper, (you can use a variety of colors sliced into 16 to 20 slices)
3 tbsps. Mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Pesto
2 slices of your Favorite Bread, toasted
2 thin slices Ham (Prosciutto, Salami, Turkey)
4 Green Tomato slices, (1/4-inch-thick) slices
2 slices Mozzarella Cheese
Freshly Ground Pepper
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1. In a sauté pan that is heated on high, add 2 tsp. of Olive Oil.
2. Add the Pepper Slices and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until they are crisp and tender.
3. Preheat broiler to 375 degrees.
4. Combine Mayonnaise and Pesto in a bowl and stir with a whisk.
5. Spread 2 tablespoons Pesto Mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice. Layer each slice with 1 Ham slice, 2 Tomato Slices, 8 slices of Peppers and 1 Cheese Slice.
6. Place on a baking sheet, broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with Pepper
xoxo Produce Mom
For more recipes featuring tomatoes & bell peppers, please check out Nature Fresh Farms. Nature Fresh Farms is one of the world’s leading greenhouse growers. They are Non-GMO Project Verified, a Certified Greenhouse® & a proud member of the Produce Mom Family.