Green Beans are this week’s #ProduceMomPick! Whether you refer to this produce as a green bean, snap bean, or French bean, they are an essential product for the home. Did you know that green beans are actually harvested when they are immature? This allows the pods to be snapped crisply in half & the peas to remain soft. If harvested when matured, the beans would be characterized as hard beans.
Mann Packing is one of the great companies that provides delicious and high quality green beans. Through the years, Mann Packing has built a women-owned and operated business that strives to meet the needs of all consumers. They remain one of the country’s leading suppliers of fresh vegetables, including washed and ready to use fresh-cut veggies, snack packs and party trays, & washed and trimmed lettuce products for foodservice. Mann Packing truly fulfills their mission, Fresh Vegetables Made Easy!
Try this delicious Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad adopted from Mann Packing!
- 24 oz Fresh Green Beans
- 3 C Cherry Tomatoes, Cut in Half
- 1 Medium Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- Chopped Fresh Basil, To Taste
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- Cook green beans in boiling water for about 3 minutes, until slightly tender. Drain and rinse with cold water & pat dry.
- Combine beans, onions, tomatoes, and basil in a serving bowl. Whisk oil, sugar, and vinegar in a separate bowl to make dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad and dressing together. Chill for at least one hour, tossing occasionally. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Have a great Monday & add green beans to that grocery list!
xoxo Produce Mom
Find me on: