Sesame Street Fruit & Veggie Trays

sesame street fruit trays

If you have ever been to a birthday party you are familiar with the scene: Kids fighting over Dora’s eye, Spiderman’s web, Justin Bieber’s mouth & more.  An easy way to bring this excitement into the fresh offerings at your next party is to make Themed Fruit & Veggie Trays.

I recently did a news segment on serving fresh, healthy foods to young children at birthday parties.  I made trays based off my favorite Sesame Street characters.  The trays were a big hit in the news studio… and they are always a big hit with kids, too!  When kids are fighting over the Cookie Monster’s mouth… and it’s a pile of blackberries instead of a gooey chunk of icing & vanilla cake – what’s not to love?!

Try one or all of these Sesame Street Fruit Trays!

Cookie Monster Fruit Tray

Blueberries, Blackberries & Yogurt Dip

elmo strawberry fruit tray

Strawberries, Blackberries, a Clementine & Yogurt Dip

Oscar the Grouch Broccoli Tray

Broccoli Florets, Bell Pepper Strips, Olives, Dill Dip

Big Bird Fruit Tray

Pineapple Chunks, Mango Slices, Strawberry Slices, Yogurt Dip & 2 Blueberries

From my party to yours, CHEERS!

sesame street fruit trays

Next up… SUPERHEROES!

xoxo The Produce Mom

Sign up here for our NEW weekly newsletter if you want more fun recipes, cooking tips, and more!

OR  Text “TPM” to 66866 to sign up!

You may also enjoy:

12 Comments

Indy Style Meets The Produce Mom

[…] interested in fruits & veggies.  One of my most popular “pins” on pinterest is the Sesame Street Themed Party Trays.  So I showed viewers how very simple it is to create themed fruit & veggie trays.  I […]

JUDITH

YOU COULD USE SOME CREAM CHEESE AND A LITTLE OF CONFECTIONERS SUGAR FOR A DIP ALSO.

Heather

I like the concept, but I noticed for the superman platter you gave the amount of fruit/veggies needed. You didn’t on the seasme street ones. That was what I was most interested in.

Marianne

I like your Sesame Street fruit and veggie trays.
What size platter did you use and what size containers
did you use for the dips/eyes?

sarah

Could you please tell me the amounts of fruit and vegetables used for each platter? Also where are the recipes for the two dips? Thank you.

Sarah

can you advise approximately how much fruit and veggies were purchased to make the sesame street trays? And what was used for the dips in the eyes? Plain Vanilla yogurt ?

Produce Mom

Good questions, Sarah! These are all approximate amounts, but here is what I used. Cookie Monster (2 pints blueberries, 1 pint blackberries), Elmo (3 pints strawberries, 1 pint blackberries), Oscar (2 broccoli florets, 8oz olives, 1 bell pepper), Big Bird (1 pineapple, 2 mangoes OR 2 peaches). And yes, plain regular or Greek yogurt works the best for fruit, and a dill or original veggie dip for the veggie trays. Enjoy!