We’re not food snobs around here. Simple buttered toast can be yummy and it’s definitely easy to make. But it can get boring. It’s also not the kind of breakfast that sticks with you. So we went on a quest to come up with breakfast toast combinations that are delicious, easy to make, and stick with you throughout the morning. We created 10 tasty toast ideas that are power-packed, meaning they’ll give you the energy you need to make it through all your morning tasks without crashing.
Just like our infused water combinations and overnight oats combinations, these toast combinations are meant to be flexible. We chose to use only 3 toppings in each to keep it simple. But you can certainly add more ingredients to each combination if you’d like. You can use any type of bread: white bread, rye bread, whole wheat bread, gluten-free bread… chose your favorite! If there is an ingredient listed that you don’t really like, try swapping it out with something you do. Allergic to peanuts? Use cashew or almond butter instead. Hate peaches? Try pear slices. Grocery store out of bananas? Substitute red bananas. You get the idea.
After you try these 10 breakfast toast ideas, we encourage you to start developing your own combinations. Try to incorporate at least one fruit or vegetable. If you get stuck in a rut, use this guide to help you find new fruits and vegetables based on the ones you already like. Or, try using the day’s Produce Challenge item on your breakfast toast! Be sure to share your creation using the hashtag #ProduceChallenge on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
10 Tasty Toast Ideas
- Peanut Butter + Banana Slices + Dark Chocolate Chips
- Cream Cheese + Strawberries + Basil
- Avocado (mashed or sliced) + Egg (scrambled or sunny-side up) + Grape Tomatoes
- Brie Cheese + Mixed Berries + Honey
- Butternut Squash (cooked) + Chopped Walnuts + Maple Syrup
- Cream Cheese + Smoked Salmon + Cucumber Slices
- Peanut Butter + Apple Slices + Ground Cinnamon
- Cream Cheese + Peach Slices + Honey
- Goat Cheese + Bell Pepper Slices + Baby Spinach
- Cottage Cheese + Pineapple Rings + Chopped Pistachios
More Breakfast Toast Combinations We Love:
- Greek Yogurt + Kiwi + Chia Seeds
- Gorgonzola Cheese + Pear Slices + Honey
- Nutella + Mashed Red Banana + Cocao Nibs
- Ricotta Cheese + Blueberries + Almond Slivers
- Cream Cheese + Raspberries + Granola
- Hummus + Cucumber Slices + Feta Cheese
- White Bean Hummus + Baby Spinach + Fried Egg
- Cashew Butter + Strawberry Jam + Blackberries
- Nutella + Strawberries + Banana Slices
We can’t wait to hear which breakfast toast idea is your favorite. We love them all!